Working for Corys Electrical
Giving you the Edge
Corys Electrical is an industry leader that employs exceptional people who share a passion to deliver the best products and services to our customers. Since 1920, we have been supplying electrical products to customers across multiple market sectors, including residential, commercial and industrial. We have a national network of 47 branches providing quality products, backed by expert advice, technical and logistical support, and e-commerce solutions.
Corys Electrical is a part of Sonepar, an independent family-owned company with global market leadership in B-to-B distribution of electrical products, solutions and related services.
If you are looking for a company that has a long-term vision and cares about its people and the planet, then you are looking for Sonepar which spans 44 countries and is constantly striving to create stimulating opportunities for the future.
Together Corys and Sonepar both believe passionately in the idea of sharing success. That is why we want you to join and contribute to a team that is constantly striving to be La Référence.
Why work for Corys?
As a member of our team you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- on-going training and development
- employee discounts
- a bright future with career opportunities and a competitive remuneration package.
We employ exceptional people who share a passion to deliver the best products and services to our customers. We understand and recognise the contribution of our employees to our success. Our teams are highly trained, knowledgeable, and enjoy the benefits of working for a forward thinking company.
We are very selective about who we recruit. We set out to build cohesive teams who are great at what they do and love what they do.
Our Recruitment Process
Do you have what it takes? We recruit for a variety of roles including:
- Sales Representatives
- Counter Sales staff
- Warehouse and Inventory
- Office support and administration
- Marketing and Finance
- Branch Managers
Ready to start a career at Corys Electrical?
Our Recruitment Process
- We receive applications
- Our vacancies can be listed on a variety of sites including Seek, Trademe and our careers website. When you apply we will send you a notification that your application has been received.
- We review all applications
- Our HR team and hiring manager will review all the applications that we've received.
- Unsuccessful applicants are notified.
- Possible phone screening
- Our HR team will contact shortlisted candidates to get some more information about your skills, experience and achievements. It's also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about the role or Corys Electrical.
- Time for interviews
- We will set up an initial interview with the hiring manager.
- Reference checking and background checks
- We carry out a range of checks including reference checking, Ministry of Justice reports and license checks.
- We've found our candidate!
- We will make an offer and an employment agreement is arranged.
Branch Manager, Ashburton
"I love working for Corys because we have a great team of people (both internal & external). In my branch we have a great team dynamic, we’re all on the same page – we are like a family unit (including our customers). We love the challenges our customers give us daily, it keeps the passion for the job alive. I have been with Corys for 13 years now, and every day is different, technology is growing rapidly and we learn something new almost every day!
I can’t imagine being anywhere else!"